Most credit card companies offer exclusive cards that come with built-in reward features, especially the cashback rewards. These rewards help people make the most of their credit accounts while saving money on grocery shopping, travel, gas, and other purchases. As the name suggests, cashback rewards give you a wonderful opportunity to earn cashback on your purchases. These rewards points can be redeemed either through a bank deposit or your statement credit. Some companies offer quite a few flexible redemption options, such as Amazon gift cards and coupons on travels and stays.
The cashback credit cards make a great option for those who make purchases on credit. If you have the habit of using your credit cards to make regular purchases, then you may as well use a card that can earn you a lot of bonus points in the long run. Believe it or not, but it’s worth taking some time to weigh up your options and choose a card that fits your budget and preference.
Isn’t the idea of getting some bonus cash every time you go grocery shopping sounds great? Well, a small bonus can save you quite a hefty sum every year. And, most of these credit card companies offer exciting rewards along with lucrative APR offers. If you are planning to switch your credit card to a reliable one, you have come to the right place. In this post, we are going to walk you through a few cash back credit cards that can help you make bonus money on nearly every eligible purchase. Let’s take a look:
Best Cashback Credit Cards of January 2021 – Top Cards
Blue Business Plus Credit Card
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card is one of the few cards that offer you a plethora of rewards without charging an annual fee. American Express offers 2x all your purchases up to $50,000. If you spend higher on shopping, you can get another blue business plus card to stack up the rewards.
- Rewards: Get 2% cashback on all your purchases up to $50,000 a year, and 1% cash back after that. Increase your buying limit and earn more rewards. The more you purchase with this credit card, the sooner you can increase your reward points.
- APR: No APR for the year from the date you opened the Blue Business Plus account. Once this period expires, the variable APR ranging from 13.24% to 19.24% will be applicable to all your purchases and balance transfers.
- Redemption: You can redeem the reward points for gift coupons, travel, statement credits, and bank deposits.
- No annual fee
- No APR for the first 12 months
- Flexible redemption offers
- Generous rewards
- Low APR after the intro expiration
- 2.7% foreign transaction fee
- No welcome bonus
- Lower reward points after you reach the credit limit
Target RedCard Credit Card
Target RedCard offers a perfect deal for those who shop at Target and clear their credit card bills on time. Its whopping rewards and some exciting bonuses with no annual fee make a great combination for all the shopaholics out there. While discount offers are great, this card isn’t a suitable option for those who don’t shop at Target often. If you have a good credit score and shop regularly at Target, then Target RedCard can help you put some money back in your wallet.
- Rewards and Exclusive Offers: Earn up to 5% cashback on all products you purchase from Target and get a discount of 10% on your stays with Hotels.com. The offers also include free 2-day shipping services for all your purchases from Target with an extended duration for returns and exchanges (up to 30 days).
- APR: Target RedCard does not offer the intro APR, which means you will start with the variable-rate APR, i.e. 22.90%.
- Credit Score: Good to excellent credit score is needed to be eligible for a Target RedCard credit card.
- Welcome Bonus: The company welcomes its new subscribers with a decent bonus of $40, which isn’t associated with any spending requirements.
- Exciting reward offers
- No annual fee
- Decent welcome bonus
- Minimum credit requirements
- Flexible repayment terms
- Very high APR and late payment fee
- Some purchases are excluded from the bonus
- Cashback offers are only for the purchases from Target
Discover it Student Cash Back Credit Card
As the name implies, this card is for students that are planning to learn the basics of how to manage credit accounts. Designed for students with average to low credit scores, “Discover it” is an ideal choice for college-going students or part-time workers that are on the lookout for a way to finance their educational spendings. It also offers a bonus for the students that get good grades up to GPA 3.0 and more.
- Rewards: Get a whopping 5% cashback on the products and services you purchase from gas stations, travel agencies, retail stores, supermarkets, and online shopping centers, such as Amazon and eBay. However, the bonus is for purchases up to $1,500 per quarter. 1% cashback is applicable to other purchases. Plus, it offers a $20 credit bonus to students who score a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- APR: The intro APR offer is 0% interest on the first 6 months of your account opening and then a variable-rate APR ranging from 12.99% to 21.99% will be applicable. No late APR payment fee is charged.
- Credit Score: Discover It is one of the few credit cards that come with minimal credit score requirements. Students with fair credit or no credit card management experience can apply for this card.
- Welcome Bonus: The company offers unlimited cashback matches for new customers. Discover calculates the total cashback you managed to earn for the particular year and double it. So, if you earned $100 cash back, it will be turned into $200.
- No annual fee
- 0% APR offer for the first 6 months
- Unlimited cashback match offer
- 5% cashback on all purchases
- Additional rewards for students that score 3.0 GPA
- No later payment fee
- Students with a low credit score are eligible
- Bonus is limited to $1500
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card
This is the Southwest’s most expensive credit card for travelers. Its high annual fee is not compensated by the rewards or bonuses, but the company rather presents a set of benefits that can help offset the $149 annual fee in no time. It is a lucrative option for regular Southwest travelers. However, the card is of no use to those who don’t travel on Southwest airlines frequently.
- Reward points: On spending 1 dollar on Rapid Rewards Hotel, Southwest, and car rental, you will earn 2 points. For other products and services purchased through this card, you will get 1 point. The company has announced the latest promo offer on Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card, which can earn you up to 5 points on every dollar. The limit is $2,000 a month.
- Welcome Bonus and other Exclusive Offers: New members get up to 80,000 bonus points. Every year, the company credits 7,500 points to your credit card account as the anniversary bonus. For the in-flight drinks and internet connection, you get up to 20% cashback if you pay with a credit card.
- Credit Score: You need an excellent/good credit score to be eligible for this credit card.
- APR: As of now, the company doesn’t offer intro APR. You will start with the variable interest rate, which can be anywhere between 15.99% and 22.99% depending on your credit score.
- Amazing welcome bonus
- Cashback on in-flight drinks and internet
- Exciting travel offers
- No fee for foreign transfers
- Reward seats
- High APR with no intro offer
- High annual fee ($149 per year)
- Rewards are available for only Southwest airlines
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Card
Capital One SavorOne credit card is for foodies that love to dine out, but the best part is this card offers you exciting rewards on dining out and cooking food at home. The card does not involve any foreign transaction fee. It is a no-annual-fee card for the first year, but a flat $95 is applicable after the intro offer. However, the fee isn’t going to be a problem for those who dine out often.
- Rewards: Get up to 3% cashback on dining out, 2% on grocery shopping at supermarkets, and 1% on other purchases. The 5% cashback offer on buying food from Uber Eats will be effective from 31st January 2021.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim a staggering welcome bonus of up to $200 after spending at least $500 on products and services within the first three months from the date you opened the account.
- APR: 0% APR intro offer is available for new users for the first 15 months of your account opening. A variable 15.49% to 25.49% of interest will be applicable thereafter.
- Credit Score: You need an excellent/good credit score for this card
- No annual fee for the first year
- Zero APR intro offer
- Generous welcome bonus
- No fee charged for foreign transactions
- An ideal option for those who love to dine out and spend on entertainment
- Rewards are available on dining purchases only
- Redemption options are not flexible
- High APR after the intro period
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver offers the best promo deal for travelers. It charges zero foreign transaction fees and no annual fee. The company offers a solid cashback offer on nearly every purchase. It is a great option for those who spend a lot on foreign transactions.
- Rewards: Enjoy 1.5% cashback on all kinds of products and services (unlimited offer with no particular categories).
- Welcome Bonus: Claim your $200 welcome bonus on signing up for the Capital One Quicksilver card. However, the bonus will only be credited to your account after you meet the bonus conditions. You have to spend $500 on your purchases with this card within 3 months of account opening.
- APR: The card comes with a 0% APR intro offer for the first 15 months, and then a variable 15.49% to 25.49% of interest will be applicable.
- Credit score: It required a good/excellent credit score.
- 1.5% cashback offer on all products
- 0% intro APR
- An ideal choice for people who spend on foreign purchases as the card charges zero fees for foreign transactions
- $200 welcome bonus for new members
- Not the best reward rates
- Bonus can be claimed only when you meet the qualification criteria
Cashback credit cards come with an array of exciting bonus offers on purchases in different categories. These cards help people offset the annual fee and APR. In fact, some cash back cards are available for zero fees and low APR, which makes them a great option for those who spend a lot on dining, traveling, gas, and online shopping.
Follow us on Facebook.
Image: ViDI Studio/shutterstock.com