If you fly often with a specific airline, then you must consider investing in the airline miles credit card. It could make a great addition to your wallet and save you hundreds of dollars in the long run. Just because travel across different countries is temporarily restricted due to the novel coronavirus doesn’t mean you will never get a chance to redeem some exciting awards on airline tickets. Many people are planning holiday trips for 2021 in advance. And, now that the international flights have reopened, people are booking the airline tickets ahead of time.
In addition to the cashback bonuses and reward points that can be earned on miles and purchases, airline credit cards come with quite a few perks that can make your travel safe and convenient. For example, some cards offer airport lounge access, free checked bags, and other such benefits that make your trip the most memorable and convenient tour you have ever had.
So, are you ready to redeem your airline reward points for your next getaway? In this post, we have listed the best airline miles credit cards that can be used as standalone products for some whopping bonuses or in combination with the other cashback cards. Without further ado, let’s begin.
Best Airline Miles Credit Cards of January 2021
Chase Sapphire Reserve
This card is designed for frequent travelers. If you travel to foreign countries once in a while and dine out frequently, then Chase Sapphire Reserve is going to be a perfect addition to your credit wallet. The reward points as well as the welcome bonus for new members are excellent. It does have a high annual fee, but that will be offset by the whopping bonus.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim your 50,000 bonus points on spending up to $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of opening the credit account. The bonus translates into $750.
- Rewards: Start earning 3x reward points for all your travel and dining expenses after the first anniversary of the Chase Sapphire Credit Card. It earns you $300 as travel credit for the year. For other products and services, you get 1 point per dollar. The latest offer includes 3x the total reward points on grocery shopping using this credit card. The limit is $1000 and the offer will be effective until April 30, 2021.
- APR: As of now, Chase Sapphire users do not get any intro APR offer. You will start with the variable APR, i.e. 16.99% to 23.99%.
- Credit Score: To qualify for this card, you must have an excellent credit score (at least 750)
- Earn $300 travel credit
- Staggering bonus
- 3x rewards for all travel and dining purchases
- Free access to the airport lounges
- No reward points until you claim $300 travel credit
- High APR with no intro offer
- A whopping annual fee of $550
- It requires an excellent credit
Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card is another great credit card for frequent travelers and people who spend a lot of bucks on dining services. The company offers an exciting welcome bonus coupled with whopping rewards on travel and dining purchases.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim your 35,000 bonus points after meeting the bonus qualification criteria, which is $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- Rewards: Get 2 points for using the card for purchases at Delta. This includes all the eligible restaurants across the world, as well as, US supermarkets. You get 1 point on other purchases. Once you are done spending $10,000 on travel, restaurants, and other purchases using Delta SkyMiles credit card, the company will credit $100 to your travel credit account. The free checked bag is available for your first travel purchase with this credit card.
- Annual fee: This airline miles credit card comes with a 0% fee for the first 12 months from the day you opened the account. Then, a flat $99 annual fee will be applicable.
- APR: Unfortunately, there is no APR offer available for now. The company charges a variable APR ranging from 15.74% to 24.74% based on your credit score.
- Credit Score: Any individual with a good to excellent credit score will be eligible for this card.
- Up to 35,000 bonus points
- No annual fee for the first year
- $100 travel credits after spending $10,000 on purchases
- 2x on your travel and dining purchases at Delta
- 1x on other eligible products and services
- No intro APR offer
- Only for those who travel frequently on Delta flights
- Bonus available for those who spend $1,000 within the first three months of account opening
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The $95 annual fee for this credit card can be easily offset with its exciting reward points and bonuses. Capital One Venture Rewards card comes with no restrictions as to which flight or restaurant you must book to redeem the reward points. You could book any flight and get your rewards transferred to more than 10 travel loyalty programs.
- Rewards: The company offers a flat 2x reward point on all kinds of purchases at any store. The offer does not come with a limit. The rewards do not expire as long as your credit account is active.
- Welcome Bonus: Earn a whopping welcome bonus of up to 60,000 points after spending $3,000 on the eligible purchases. You must meet the bonus qualification criteria within the first 3 months of opening your credit account. This welcome bonus translates into $600 travel credits.
- APR: The company doesn’t offer intro APR, which means you will have to pay a variable rate of 17.24% to 24.49% depending on your credit score.
- Credit score: You must have a good or excellent credit score to be eligible for Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
- Generous welcome bonus for new members
- 2x reward points
- Up to $600 travel credits
- No balance transfer fee
- Flexible redemption options
- No intro offer
- Annual fee of $95
The Platinum Card
This credit card by American Express is designed for regular travelers that intend to reap the best benefits of luxury travel while racking up their reward points every time they use the Platinum Card for purchases. Though the $550 annual fee could be quite expensive, it will be paid off if you shop frequently.
- Rewards: In the first 6 months of your account opening, you get to earn up to 10 reward points on all kinds of purchases at the US supermarkets and gas stations. The limit is $15,000 combined. Become the Uber VIP member by paying your Uber bills through the Platinum Card and save a whopping $200 on Uber rides and foods.
- Travel and other Rewards: Get 5x reward points on booking flights up to $500,000 every year. The same reward is applicable to your prepaid hotel booking services with Amextravel. Earn up to $50 every six months on your statement credits for buying products at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim your 75,000 reward points on spending over $5,000 on eligible products and services using the Platinum Card. You must meet the bonus qualification criteria within the first 6 months of your membership.
- APR: A variable APR is applied to the Platinum Card with the rate varying from 15.99% to 22.99%. The company also charges a late APR if you fail to pay the credit bills on time. APR for the late payment is 29.24%.
- Credit Score: Anyone with a good to excellent credit score can apply for the Platinum Card.
- Amazing luxury travel perks
- 10x reward points for gas and grocery shopping
- Generous welcome bonus
- Flexible redemption options
- Get 5x points on travel purchases
- Get membership easily
- High APR rate for late payments
- No APR intro offer
- $550 annual fee without any first-year no-annual-fee offer
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
Regular travelers that spend a lot on flights and foreign travels will find the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card quite useful. Check the products included in the bonus category of this card when making purchases. The $95 annual fee isn’t going to be a big deal for those who shop within the bonus category regularly.
- Rewards: Claim your 3 reward points on every dollar spent on travel up to $150,000. For other products and services, a 1% unlimited reward point is applicable.
- Welcome Bonus: Get your 100,000 bonus after spending $15,000 on the eligible products with Ink Business Preferred Card within the first three months of opening your credit account. If you redeem the bonus cash through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you will get $1250 on travel.
- Redemption: The rewards and bonus points can be redeemed for gift coupons, cashback, bank deposits, a statement credit, and so on. The bonus remains active as long as you don’t close your credit account. Consider redeeming the reward points through Chase Ultimate Rewards as it can earn you 25% more.
- Credit score: You must have a good or excellent credit score to be eligible for this card
- APR: there is no intro APR offer for the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card users. The company charges a variable APR, i.e. between 15.99% and 20.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- Amazing welcome bonus
- Free foreign transactions
- Reasonable APR
- Multiple redemption options
- Flexible welcome bonus eligibility requirements
- $95 annual fee
- The balance transfer fee is applicable
- No intro APR offer
United Gateway Card
Travelers that use United’s flights frequently can add United Gateway card to their wallets for luxury travel benefits and exciting rewards. This no-annual-fee credit card has a reasonable APR and fair credit score requirements.
- Rewards: Claim 2x points for every dollar spent at gas stations and United Airlines plus 1 mile on other products. Get 3x points per dollar spent on grocery shopping with a limit of $1500 a month.
- Welcome Bonus: Every new member is eligible for a welcome bonus of up to 10,000 miles.
- APR: It comes with a variable APR of 16.49% to 23.49% (based on your credit score).
- Credit Score: You need a good to excellent credit score to qualify for the United Gateway Card.
- No annual fee
- Amazing reward points on grocery, gas, travel, dining, and other eligible products
- A whopping welcome bonus of 10,000 miles with no strict qualifying conditions
- Reasonable APR
- Not the best option for travelers that don’t use United flights
Nothing sounds more fun and exciting than a chance to visit your favorite holiday destination with your loved ones. What makes it even more interesting is some staggering bonuses on your flight tickets with amazing discounts. The above-listed credit cards for airline miles are the best options for those who travel abroad frequently.
Follow us on Facebook.
Image: best pixels/shutterstock.com